NYMPH MANIAC DOWNUNDER

Casting lines from a fanatical Australian/New Zealand fly fisherman

Monday, September 6, 2010

Alaska Fishing and The Best Catch of the Day

Every trip has a highlight. Alaska has many trophies but the best of all is:

My wife, Merrie, helping me out by sighting fish on the Little Susitna

It was glorious weather. All of the locals tell you to enjoy the sunshine on days such as this, as there is so little of it in Alaska. This seems impossible for an Australian to comprehend!!!




Helping a Christian friend with some casting tips

The second best part of fishing in Alaska, other than sharing it with your wife, is sharing it with a friend. I loved spending several days sharing my love of christ (in a practical way) with a Christian friend. Dale and I worked many hours together preparing Little Beaver Camp & Retreat Center for the next set of campers. Fishing the river with Merrie and Dale was my reward for two days' work.

No comments:

Post a Comment